There is no denying we had our differences. I remember when Kevin brought you home for Matty and I demanded you be gotten rid of. I cringed at the very sight of you. Tony said that he had never seen me so angry in the entire time he's known me. It's not a secret that I only relented for Matty's sake.
But I never wanted things to end this way. I never wanted to be even partially responsible for your death. I mean- sure I didn't clean your tank as often as I probably should have.... but I fed you every day. And honestly, I started to grow the tiniest bit fond of you just in time for you to die. At the very least you were entertaining to watch jumping around the tank. I couldn't but help admire your speed and balance as you teetered on Elmo's nose or tried to float around on the bubbles from the filter.
When I cleaned the tank this last time around I filled it to the tippy top just to give you more space to move around. I never dreamed you would have managed to climb out of the tank in the middle of the night. I truly do feel bad that you must have wandered around on the countertop, slowly drying up. Even sadder is the way you eventually fell onto one of the counter chairs to die while we were sleeping peacefully.
The boys will miss you..... and I must admit that the tank looks awfully empty without you.
In your honor,-I promise, no matter how hard Matty begs to replace you with a piranaha fish, I will firmly stick with my original "No".
No comments:
Post a Comment